Tuesday, June 14, 2011

May in review...

So, I know I dsaid I was going to do better at blogging on a regular basis but....I haven't. Once again I am saying I am going to "try" and blog regularly but don't hold your breath! :)

The month of May was a fun month for us! Rob, Brendan, and I took a long weekend trip to Tyler and went to The Villages, an indoor water park. Not only was it indoors, they also had an outdoor pool with a kiddie area which was perfect for Brendan as well as an arcade and put put golf. Although Great Wolf is nicer and has much more for younger children, we will definitely go back to The Villages sometime!

The weekend after The Villages, Rob and I went out of town togther to Dallas! JUST THE TWO OF US!!! We hadn't left Brendan for more than 18 hours since he was born so this was much needed. Although I missed Brendan tremendously and my parents probably thought I was crazy for calling so much, it was soooo nice to not have Mommy and Daddy duty for a few days! We had so much fun and it was one of the best trips we have had together! We ate out, shopped, relaxed by the pool, went to 6 Flags, had "grown up" drinks, and just relaxed!!!! Life just gets so busy and when Rob does have free time, we would much rather use that time to spend as a family but when we were coming home from out trip, we made a pact that we would have date night 1x/month. It is week #3 and you guessed it, we haven't been out together yet BUT we are going out next weekend and it just so happens to be our 7th Anniversary!!!! Time Flies!!


This is at 6 Flags! Yes, we went to 6 flags and rode rides! So much fun until I thought I was going to be sick after the last roller coaster!


Beautiful view from our hotel balcony!


Here is another!


Brendan was soooo excited to see us when we came back! He was patting me on my back in this picture!


Brendan and Daddy playing batman with Brendan's new cape we got him!

For Memorial Day, we had my parents, brother, and sister over and ate a TON, swam, and had a great time!


Mimi, silly Papa, and Brendan


Mommy, Daddy, and Brendan


Brendan LOVES the water!


Peek a boo!



:)

In May, I started couponing! I already have a small stock pile and am adding to it weekly! It is definitely not as easy as it looks but I am getting the hang of it! My last trip I saved close to 60% with coupons!!! Brendan loves to help me with the coupons! I give him newspaper ads and he uses his kiddie scissors to "clip his coupons." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment