Sunday, March 6, 2011

62/365-65/365 What is Love??

Has anyone ever asked you what love means to you? I was at a wedding once and the Pastor asked that question. To me there are several different meanings of love and today, I think I witnessed what love really is. Today, at church, Rob and I were sitting behind an older couple and the man had dimentia/alzheimers. He was in a motorized wheelchair and numerous times during the service he would turn his chair on, play with the buttons, turn it off, turn it on, play with the buttons, etc. He would leaf through the bulletin, just to hear the paper rub against each other and when he got bored with that, he would stick his bulletin down his shirt, then pull it out again and start his routine all over again. He would also make noises with his mouth. humm, and breathe loudly. Yes, to some he might be a nusiance but he really cannot help it. I would watch him and then watch his wife. Yes, she was quite annoyed and would nicely but firmly tell him to "stop" but she would hold his hand or he would try to put his arm around her from his wheelchair and you could tell they loved each other so much. She might be the only person that this man still recognizes. As annoyed and irritated as this woman is, I bet there is no one else that she'd rather be with. I only hope that Rob and I are blessed enough to grow old together and I can try to "hush" my scenile old husband (or visa verse) as we try to make it through a church service.

On another note...I am SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! My amazing parents' have offered to watch Brendan for a long weekend this summer so Rob and I can go out of town...just the 2 of us!!!!!!!! For some of you, this may not seem like anything to get excited about but for those of you that have young children, I am sure you understand my excitement!!! The longest we have been away from Brendan has been maybe 18 hours so I am soooo excited to get to spend a couple of days as husband and wife and Mommy and Daddy duties get to take a break! We are VERY overprotective of Brendan, so we rarely go out. We are definitely due for couple time!!! Where do we go?????? Im thinking a beach somewhere!!!! I can't waite for a few days, just me and my hubby!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment