Monday, October 29, 2012

Jack Steven Bernth





 Both boys are sleeping, so I thought I would take advantage of this rare moment  and make a long overdue blog post!  :)  Baby Jack is already 6 weeks old!!!!  Adjustment after the 2nd baby has been sooooo much easier than after the first.  I think Rob and I just feel more confident as parents this time around and also we are so much more laid back this time too.  Brendan adores his new baby brother and is very protective!  He loves to read to him and talk to him.  A few days ago, Jack was in his swing and Brendan sat in front of the swing and started talking to Jack and Jack gave Brendan the biggest smile.  Brendan is such a great big brother and I really couldn't have asked for a smoother adjustment for him!  As a Momma, there is nothing more special than to see them together.  Jack has really started watching Brendan and is quite entertained by his busy big brother!!  Brendan still calls his brother Skippy but there has been an improvement as he now tells people that Jack is Skippy's nickname!  :)


Jack's actual delivery, although 8 days overdue, went wonderfully!  The days after didn't go so well but that's for another post at another time.  This little boy wouldn't come on his own, so I had to end up getting induced.  I was so scared of induction but it was so much easier than when I went into labor on my own.  The night before, we took Brendan to Chuck E. Cheese and had a special night with him since it was our last night as a family of 3.  After Brendan went to bed, Rob and I (appropriately) watched What To Expect When You're Expecting.  The next morning Rob and I went to the hospital at 5 am and the nurses admitted me and started my IV.  They started the pit around 6:30 and my Dr. broke my water around 7:30.  I had the sweetest nurse and was happy that Jack arrived before her shift ended.   Contractions really started getting painful and I asked for my epidurral around 11 and then Jack Steven arrived at 2:25 pm.  He weighed 9 pounds, 6 oz. and 22 in.  His coloring was so perfect! Everything was just so surreal! :) He was and still is perfect in my eyes and we are beyond grateful for this precious child! September 13th was such a special day!! 


Jack had his 1 month appt. last week and Brendan had his 4 year appt.  Both boys are doing well!  Jack is 10 pounds 3 oz. and is 23.4 in. long.  He is a great eater and is nursing well.  Jack is sleeping pretty good for the most part.  We had some nights when he was up every 2  hours so after nursing, I would get to sleep for maybe an hour before he would wake again but that isn't an every night occurrence, thank goodness!  ;) He is starting to get in somehwhat of a  routine and nurses at 7, then sleeps from 8-2, 3-5 or 6, and sometimes will doze off once more till 7 or so.   So awesome!!  Rob has been the greatest help and really is the most phenomenal Daddy to both boys.  At first, Jack only wanted me to hold him and would cry if Rob would so that was hard for him but thankfully Jack is passed that and although he prefers Momma's arms, he is happy with his Daddy too!  He loves his swing and naps in that most days.  He also loves his Moby wrap!   As silly as it sounds, before he was born, I wasn't too sure how he would fit into our family.  Our world revolved around Brendan and I wasn't sure how we could love another child as much as we do Brendan but we do and Jack fits perfectly into our family. We are so thankful that God has chosen to bless us with another precious baby boy!!

Brendan weighs 36 pounds and is 42 inches.  He had to get his 4 year old shots plus a flu shot, so that was no fun but he was very brave and did a great job!  4 year old shots definitely warrants a trip to Toys R Us so we went there afterwards and that made everything better!  :)   Brendan will be Captain Hook for Halloween and Jack will be Jake.  Brendan is so excited for all of the holidays that are coming!  His most recent request for Christmas presents...a pig!
 
Thanks to the greatest, most supportive Mom for all of your encouragement and help and thanks to  the sweetest friends for your delicious meals you have brought to us.  Your thoughtfulness means so much to us!




No comments:

Post a Comment