Saturday, February 5, 2011

36/365 TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!

Tomorrow is the Superbowl (GO PACKERS!) but what I am referring to in the title is tomorrow is the day we find out if Brendan gets in to our 1st choice pre-school! The pre-school that we want is such an awesome place! I looked at just about every pre-school in Shreveport/Bossier and the one I like I REALLY like. Rob came with me and he really likes it too! The teachers are always interacting with the children and the children are always engaged and seem excited to be there. I visited the school 3 times and never once saw a child who looked like they were bored or didn't want to be there. Art projects are hanging everywhere, there are tons of toys, the rooms seem open, and it doesn't seem like the children are just being "babysat" . The teachers have a curriculum that they follow and the children really are learning things. They also have parent/teacher conferences to let the parents know how their child is doing throughout the year! In order for Brendan to get into the program, I have to literally camp out at the school (the director actually lets us camp out inside) to insure that he gets a spot since only a few are available. Five years ago I would have thought someone was nuts if they told me they were going to camp out at a pre-school so their child can get into it but now, as a Mom, I see how important it is to give your child a good education, especially from the start. If you read this, do me a favor and please say a prayer that Brendan gets in! Hopefully, tomorrow's blog will be about Brendan getting a spot at the school!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment