Wednesday, February 23, 2011

54/365 Mardi Gras

This afternoon Brendan and I went to a friend's house for a Mardi Gras party. Brendan had a blast!! There was a "parade" and the Moms threw treats to the kids. We also ate (too many) sweets. I love Mardi Gras season however, I am not a huge fan of the parades. I know I sound like an old lady, but everyone is drunk and there really isn't anywhere for people with young kids to be. I do love the Highland parade though. It is much more of a family parade, and it runs right my my parents' street. We decorate a wagon for Brendan, Mom cooks cajun food (ya better keep that tradition Mom!!!) :) and we all enjoy the parade and end up coming home with lots of treats!! My Mom invited us to the bead loading party this weekend for the Krewe of Centaur (I think) so im curious to see what that's all about. It should be a good time! I may try the parade this weekend with some friends, I just hope there is a good area for Brendan to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment