Sunday, February 27, 2011

55-58/365 SLACKER!!!!

I have been quite the slacker as far as this blog is concerned but this week I AM going to get back on track. It seems like life has been especially busy for us since getting back from vacation. We started potty training Brendan and he did great for a few days but now, since the newness for him has worn off, he would much rather continue playing, rather than stop what he's doing so he can use the potty. He is in pull-ups for now but is doing pretty good with the potty if we tell him to go sit on the potty. Im not rushing it, we are encouraging him and he will do it eventually. I had it in my head that he would walk, talk, be potty trained, etc. all by a certain age but that's just silly and quite ridiculous for me to think that. He started talking earlier than I had expected, walked later than I expected, and will pee in the pot whenever he's ready! Being a Mom really is such a learning experience. The older he gets, the less I stress about those little milestones. Of course I am biased, but he's the smartest, cutest, sweetest 2 year old ever!!! :)

Rob and I had been discussing the idea of getting another dog. Although we still miss Chex tremendously, we felt it was time for Scarlet to have another dog to play with. After picking Brendan up from MDO on Friday, we decided to "just look" at the Bossier pound and....we adopted a dog! She is a lab/ shar-pei mix, she is 2 yrs. old, and we named her Ellie Grace. She is such a sweet dog and is fitting into our family very well. Scarlet is getting much more exercise now, and that is a definite plus!! We went to Pet Smart today to get new collars and name tags for Scarlet and Ellie Grace and I convinced Rob to get pink ones! I really need a daughter!!!!! :)

Mowing season has started for Rob. It has been soooooo nice to have him home so much for the past 5 months but he has to start back and I just remind myself his business is the reason I get to stay at home with Brendan. This summer I have several projects im working on, 2 baby showers im hosting which then will result in 2 new precious babies to visit, a wedding, VBS, and of course Brendan's birthday party to keep me busy.

This week is looking like it will be a busy week, and busy is a good thing...usually! :) Cleaning house, planning for a shower, playdate, vet, appointments, and.... My wonderful Dad turns 59 on Feb. 29th, so we will be celebrating his Birthday on Tuesday. Happy early Birthday to my Dad and Happy 1st Birthday to my niece, Sophie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment