Tuesday, February 8, 2011

38/365 Who Are You?!?!

Have you ever been to church or somewhere where there is a speaker and you feel like the message was meant for you? That's how I felt on Sunday. The title of the message was "Who are you?" God gives everyone a talent/gift and calls you to use that gift. You need to use that gift to do what YOU are meant to do, not what someone else thinks you should do. Some people are called to be teachers, physicians, attnys., and some are called to be stay at home Moms. When the Pastor said that, it really made me think! I always knew I wanted to be a Mom and before Rob and I even discussed having kids, I told him when we did have kids I wanted to be a sahm. Being a sahm is so important to me and Rob sees how important it is too. We make sacrifices so I can be a sahm and I truly feel that is what I am called to do at this time in my life. I have really been struggling because Rob and I know how important my job is but there are several people who think im"just" a sahm and need to hurry and finish my degree. Its as if im looked down upon for being a sahm as opposed to having a career outside of the home. When I was touring private schools while looking for pre-schools I really thought that someday I could see myself teaching there. I absolutely love kids, especially the 3/4 year olds. They are still little but are old enough that you can really teach them things. Teaching at a pre-school doesn't require a 4 year degree but thats okay. If im happy with it then thats all that matters. Im back in school now but really have been doing it for other peoples approval and not for myself. The level of someone's success should not be determined by the level of education someone has. If you are happy and can live a happy, financially comfortable life, then that is what I call successful. Not to say I will never go back to school, but after this semester my focus is going to be what makes me and my family happy. For now I am going to do the job that I know I have been called to do and that is being a sahm to the child God has blessed me with.

1 comment:

  1. You have made a huge sacrifice...one that most don't have the courage to make. The rewards for your sacrifice are limitless. You get to be there for every milestone Brendan has...how lucky are you? Don't feel discouraged by what the world says is the "norm." I admire you!!!

    "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." -Proverbs 31:26-31

    ReplyDelete