Wednesday, January 12, 2011

12/365 REALITY TV

I didn't know what to write about today, then I came across this reality tv show called My Strange Addiction. I can't help but feel sorry for these people. Yes, some of their stories are crazy but they are all battling the same thing which is not having control over their own body. This one girl was obsessed with pulling her hair out. She would go in the bathroom and pull out her hair. Depending how bad her anxiety was, she could be in there for hours. She said her scalp throbs and she always wears a hat because she barely has any hair left. What a sad situation. You would think she would just stop pulling her hair but it's not that easy. Her anxiety is controlling her and the only way she gets relief is to pull out her hair. Can you imagine having to go through that?! I know we all have some level of anxiety but the amount of anxiety that she has is unhealthy and a disease. The show is half way over and she just started seeing a therapist, so hopefully she can get help and get her happy, healthy life back. I know this post is random but this tv show really caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment