Saturday, January 15, 2011

14/365 Potty Time!

So, Brendan is still wearing diapers but has a potty he uses occasionally. I was hoping to postpone the potty training until after our Disney trip because the thought of having my 2 year old sit on a (nasty) potty that 1,000,000,000 other people have already sat on really freaks me out (yes, OCD). I know he will do that soon enough and I'm sure the bathrooms aren't that nasty, but I am picturing nasty gas station type bathrooms that reek of feces and I just can't put my child there (blood pressure rising), not to mention the airplane bathrooms that are like portapottys! YUCK!!!!!! ANYWAYS, Brendan has been showing more and more interest in the potty. He has a potty of his own and uses it occasionally but yesterday, he really did something big! He was climbing mountains (couches) in the living room and he stopped mid-climb and said "Momma, I need to potty", so we ran to his potty, and he tee teed in the potty!!!! Of course, we called Daddy and we were sooooo excited!!! This may be TMI, but he hasn't totally comprehended the concept of pointing his penis downward in his potty because half on the tee tee got in the potty and the other half sprayed across the bathroom, so Mommy mopped the bathroom after we celebrated his potty accomplishment! We will see how today goes but it looks like I may just have to overcome my fear of letting my little boy sit on public pottys sooner rather than later!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment