Sunday, January 30, 2011

30/365 It's about that time...

I've been fighting it for quite awhile now but I think the dreaded time has come...no more naps for Brendan. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Those 2 precious hours of peace and quiet "me" time is sadly coming to an end, at least for the most part. For the past couple of weeks Brendan has been going to sleep later and later at night when he takes a nap during the day. When he doesn't take a nap he remains happy until around 8 pm and even then he isn't too fussy. When he doesn't take a nap he will go to sleep around 9 (give or take) but when he does take a nap...well, it's been 11:30 pm and he's still awake in his bed!!!! He usually wakes up around 9 am and when he naps, it would be from 1-3 then it used to be bedtime around 9 which is still doable if he doesn't nap but if he does nap then it makes for a late, late night!

Brendan got up at 8:30 am this morning and was busy, busy, busy playing all day until I finally put him down for a nap at 2 and woke him up at 4. Well, it is 12 am and my child is still wide awake and as happy as can be! Momma is wanting to sleep but Brendan hasn't even yawned! Yes, I put him to bed with the lights off, no toys in bed, etc. but that was a joke. He stayed in there talking and singing for over an hour, then started begging for something to eat and he probably really was hungry since we had an early dinner. I gave him a snack and...he is still awake! I read an article today about how many hours of sleep each age group needs and for toddlers it is 10-12 hours. Well, Brendan sleeps 12 hours at night, sometimes more if I don't wake him up. Needless to say if I ever get him to sleep, he will NOT be taking a nap tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment