Saturday, January 15, 2011

15/365 Date Night!!!!!!

Tonight Rob and I get a date night!!! WOO HOO!!!!! My Mom and Dad are going to keep Brendan overnight so I am so excited! We have been asking each other all week what each other wants to do but we have no idea. We really are very boring people. Our idea of fun is grabbing dinner, renting a redbox, and coming home but tonight we need to think "outside of the box." Who knows what we will do but it will be fun and I am excited!!!!!
I am a college student again and am so excited! I never cared for school, or should I say academics, when I was younger but really enjoy it now! My major is Elem. ed but I changed it to general studies. One reason is because the school changed it's curriculum for elem. ed so I would actually be loosing some credit hours if I stayed in elem ed. Sounds ridiculous but my educ. 100, 200, etc. classes I took wouldn't count because now they are called teach 101, 201, etc. classes. Sounds crazy, but that's the rule! Second reason is because I really think I want to teach but there are other career paths that interest me as well, so I am going to go the general studies route and when it is time for me to work outside of the home, if I want to teach, then I will just get my alt. cert. God willing, I will be able to be a stay at home Mom until my children are older but I want to go ahead and finish my schooling while I am young and have my degree.
I think as a parent, especially as a Mom, we give and give and give ourselves so much, which is of course what we want to do, so with me going back to school I feel like this is something I am doing for MYSELF and it is so nice! I am just taking a couple of classes and they are all on the Internet, so I will go to school when Brendan goes to sleep. Of course, having my degree will help my family in the long run but I am going to school to finish MY degree and it really makes ME excited! I have talked to several other friends who stay at home with their kids, who have all different levels of education, and although we wouldn't trade staying at home with our kids for the world, as a stay at home Mom you kind of loose your identity. I'm not "Elena" anymore, I am "Momma" so it is nice to get to be "Elena" again for a little while....although being "Momma" 24/7 really is the greatest thing in the world and I am so thankful I can be!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment