Saturday, January 8, 2011

8/365 My Parents

Brendan and I decided to spend the day at my parents' house today since Rob was at work. We met my Mom at Walmart since we all needed to grab a few things, then we headed to her house. As I am over here I just continue to think how thankful I am for my amazing Mom and Dad and how very blessed I am. Not only are they amazing parents, they are also amazing grandparents. Brendan was thrilled when he saw his Mimi and Papa today. It had been a week since he saw them last and usually he sees them 2-3x/week. My Mom is my best friend and is such a great source of information for me. Whenever I need anything, no matter what or where, she is there. I value her opinions very much. She was a stay at home Mom until my youngest sibling was in school, which is what I hope I can do as well. If I was asked to pick one thing out of my childhood that I value the most, it would be that my Mom was always at home with us. We would play, craft, read, and sometimes shop! She always had such creative things for us to do and I hope I am doing the same with Brendan. My dad had a long day at work today and was exhausted when he got home but as soon as he got home, he dropped everything to play with Brendan. He is such a great Papa!!! Mom cooked dinner for all of us and then had a coloring contest with Brendan and played fire station with him! To top it all off, Mom and Dad said they want to do an overnight with Brendan next Saturday so that means Rob and I get a date night!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! I love ya, Mom and Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment