Friday, January 7, 2011

7/365. Friday fun day

I couldn't think of anything to really write about so I am just going to write about our day today. Today was Brendan's first day back to Mom's day out, after being off for 2 weeks. He only goes 1x/week, on Fridays but it is good for him and me both. I know it's only once a week but it has not been an easy adjustment for either of us, it breaks my heart when he cries and actually, Rob takes it harder than I do. Today however, he did much better! He was eager to see his teacher and his friends. Of course, he cried a little when we dropped him off but I think he had stopped by the time we left the building. The best part of Mom's day out??? Seeing his face when we pick him up!! His little face lights up when he sees us. Today, before we left, he ran to his teacher and gave her a big hug and told her bye bye.

While Brendan was at MDO Rob and I had a few hours to ourselves!! It has been a LONG time since we have had any time to ourselves so I was excited! We had been furniture shopping for Brendan since we are getting ready to turn his nursery into a big boy room. We saw a bed yesterday but wanted to look at a few more stores before committing to something so expensive. Well, I sure am glad we didn't buy anything yesterday because the same bed we saw yesterday was on sale 1/2 price at a different store since it was being discontinued! JACKPOT!!!! I sure do love a good deal!!! After getting the bed, we headed to Cheddars for lunch. It was so nice going to a restaurant and not having to worry about keeping anyone entertained, cutting up food, etc. After lunch we headed to pickup Brendan. He was the last one dropped off in the morning and the first one picked up in the afternoon.....I know, Rob and I are a little/alot pathetic! After MDO we headed to Toys R Us and Brendan got to pick out a toy (Handy Manny musical toys) and then we headed home. He didn't nap at MDO so he was verryyyyyyyy sleepy. I ordered bedding for his new bed while he was asleep and am soooooo excited to get the room setup!!!

It was a quiet evening at home. We had yummy pizza for dinner and flipped back and forth between Bob the Builder, Calliou, and the LSU/Aggies game. Also, Brendan and I played a pretty intense game of hide and seek! Rob heads back to work tomorrow but it sure has been so nice having him home. I just love family days and am so thankful for them!! I think tomorrow Brendan and I are going to visit my Mom and Dad (Mimi and Papa) for the day since my Mom says she needs her "Brenny fix". I hope y'all have a great night and a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment