Sunday, January 2, 2011

2/365

Taking Down Christmas Decorations! Oh, how I love the Christmas season! It is so much fun to decorate but such a bummer to take the decorations down, especially when you have a 2 year old that wants Christmas to last all year long! As I take down the decorations, I think about the Christmas season that came and went way too fast! This was such a wonderful Christmas season! Brendan brought so much excitement to us this year since he was really starting to understand baby Jesus and Santa! He had his first "school" Christmas party, we went to Great Wolf Lodge and played in the fake snow, visited Santa, went to Santa's workshop, baked lots of goodies, and made fun crafts! Christmas really is so much more fun with a child!! As much as I hate taking down the decorations, I am looking forward to getting my house back to normal though. Rob caught the stomach virus I had, so he is sleeping and Brendan and I are playing, and trying to be quiet, while putting away decorations. Hopefully, my poor husband feels better soon and Brendan doesn't catch it!
Within the next few days, we are going bed shopping for Brendan. I think it is finally time for a big boy bed! He has been perfectly content in his crib, but he will have so much more room in a big bed, so new year and new bed!! I think I have the bedding picked out and can you guess what it is???? Yup, firetrucks! I asked Brendan if he wanted firetrucks or trains and he, of course, said firetrucks...I was secretly hoping for trains for a change!
Monthly, I will post a Brendan update, so those of you out of town, who are interested, will be able to see what he is doing. Currently, he is 30 pounds and roughly 37 inches tall. He is such an active little boy and is so much fun! He loves coloring, reading books, being outside, and anything firetruck! He is all boy and LOVES to be rough! We call him mini Rob because he truly is a pint sized Rob. He is still a VERY picky eater and his favorite foods are hotdogs, ham, and fruit! He was obsessed with Elmo for a long time but has now moved on to Calliou, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, and Handy Manny, with Calliou usually being his favorite. Occasionally, he asks for Mickey. Brendan is talking very well and is talking alot. He has also started asking a lot of questions. "Whats that, how does that work, where does that go, why is that, etc." It is so much fun to watch him learn. He really is learning something new each day! One thing he has started doing which I am not too thrilled about is testing his limits!!! He is a very determined child and when you tell him no, he will try, try, try again. Rob's and my form of punishment is a warning and then a time out, so needless to say he is learning all about time outs but it really seems to work for him. Like everyone says, pick your battles but consistancy is key, which we do but it sure is hard when he looks at me with his sweet eyes and says "sorry Mama." I really wouldn't call the 2s the terrible 2s, I would call it the trying 2s because it sure can be trying but I think this really is my favorite age so far because it is so much fun to watch his little mind learning new things and see his funny little personality! Never a dull moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment