Sunday, January 16, 2011

16/365 Big boy bed!!

Well, Brendan's big boy bed is all set up and tonight will be his first night in his new bed! Rob and I got the room all ready while he was at my parents' house last night so that he would be surprised when he got home and he was! Brendan loved the firetrucks and of course couldn't waite to jump on the bed! Hopefully, he will still be excited at bedtime tonight to sleep in his bed!! He looks so small in the bed compared to his crib! Of course I will post pictures but we decided on a twin size oak colored bed since his room isn't very big and it has 3 drawers for storage underneath the bed as well as a trundle bed. I still have a few more things to do before his "big boy" room is complete and will hopefully have it done by the end of the week.

Of course, when we were taking down his crib, I was thinking back to the time when we were putting it together and it doesn't seem that long ago at all! Now the 8 lb. 6 oz. baby boy that we prayed and prayed and prayed for is sleeping in a big boy bed, starting to use the big boy potty, and will be starting preschool soon! The saying "they grow up so fast" is definitely true!!! Although Brendan is no longer my "baby" he is my busy, energetic, silly, smart, precious 2 year old boy and I am so thankful for him.....and he will ALWAYS be my baby!!!!! :)

1 comment: