Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fireman In Training

I think I have a future firefighter on my hands. Brendan is OBSESSED with all things fireman/firetruck. He has a pair of rubber boots that he calls his"fireman boots" and they must be worn at all times, this includes nap time and bedtime. A few weeks ago when we went to church, he had on an adorable outfit and...his fireman boots! He wears them at home, to the store, EVERYWHERE! They smell AWFUL! We have put foot powder in them numerous times but it is only a temporary fix. I've looked at Target for the same boots but they no longer carry them. I don't know what we will do when the boots get too small! I've tried getting him to wear different boots but to no avail!

It doesn't end with the boots! When he picks out pajamas, they are the firefighter ones. When he needs to put on a jacket, he wants his firefighter jacket that looks like Daddy's. Fireman Sam is playing on our tv more often than not and toy firetrucks are usually scattered all over the floor. Brendan probably has 100 books and which one does he want to read over and over and over again???? The fireman book! He has a red little tikes coupe and he calls it his "save the day" car. He dresses up in his fireman gear then says "I have a call, I need to save the day" and runs to his little coupe and saves the day! Yesterday, he asked me to put a stuffed cat up high where he couldn't reach it and then he said "fireman needs to get kitty cat out of the tree" so he grabbed his chair which he called his "ladder", dressed up in his fireman gear (hats, boot, jacket) and got the kitty cat out if the tree! He has quite the imagination!

I gave Brendan a choice of which bedding he wanted for his "big boy " bed, trains or firetrucks and of course he quickly chose firetrucks. Rob is a firefighter and I know he just loves that Brendan wants to be just like him. It really is so adorable. Believe it or not, Brendan knows when we get on the parkway (it's an expressway by our house) and if you stay on the parkway long enough, it goes right passed the fire station that Rob works out so as soon as we pull onto the parkway Brendan starts yelling "firetrucks, I want to see the firetrucks!!" He knows the guys that Rob works with and talks about them quite often! Brendan really does think he is fireman Brendan! I know this may just be a stage but if Brendan chooses to follow in his Daddy's footsteps then what an admirable career he will have!

No comments:

Post a Comment